2017 Grasshopper 227V EFI 61"
Call for Price
Enjoy unparalleled performance in fuel economy with the Model 227V EFI that features a closed-loop Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), vertical crankshaft engine that continually adjusts the fuel ratio to use less fuel, provide reliable hot and cold starts, reduce emissions and minimize fuel-related service issues.
- Kohler Confidant Engine: 747cc, air-colled Kohler Confidant, Delphi® baded, closed-loop EFI engine with vertical crankshaft and pressure tube for longer service life.
- Rugged Construction: Robotically-welded steel construction for long-lasting durability Centered-bearing design provides greater load-bearing capacity to handle the weight of operator, fuel and high-capacity collector with reserve strength for curb shocks and weight shifts Tough-as-nails powder-coated finish is fusion-bonded for chip and rust resistance
- QuikAjust® Drop Pin Height Adjustment: Raise and lower the deck easily with foot pedal and drop pin for precision cutting heights between 1.0 and 5.0 inches.
- Design-Matched Transmissions: Design-matched hydrostatic transmission with 12 cc variable displacement piston-style pumps and Parker high-torque wheel motors offers smooth, predictable response In-line cooling fans and 7-micron absolute filter No power-robbing gearbox or other wear parts prolong service life Provides best-in-class 500-hour transmission fluid change interval with no break-in period, reducing costs and maintenance time
- Ultimate Suspension Ride® Seat: Deep-cushioned, high-back, foam-padded, scuff-resistant Cordura®-covered seat with padded lumbar support and armrests Roomy, iso-mounted, shock-absorbing footrest
- Vigilant Operator Presence System™: Standard, low profile operator protection structure (OPS) with an adjustable seatbelt Dampened steering levers that return to neutral from forward and reverse Interlock switches that shut down the engine when the operator leaves the seat while PTO is engaged or levers are in drive position
- Reduced Maintenance: Only two Access-Eze™ lubrication points cut maintenance time up to 95% Self-tensioning belts minimize cost and labor on routine maintenance
- Heavy-duty Deck: Extra-deep, 5.5-inch deck is fabricated from heavy-gauge formed steel with a reinforced anvil edge Specially designed cutting chambers enhance airflow for better cut quality Deck easily converts from side discharge to optional Down Discharge™ mulching or PowerVac™ collection Sentry™ spindles with massive, 8-inch flanges anchored in a 6-bolt pattern, spread the force of impact for greater strength Spindle planes fabricated from double-layered, 7-gauge plus 10-gauge formed steel laminate that is 0.3138 inch thick 25.5 percent thicker than ½-inch steel Sentry™ spindle guards shield spindle housing and seal lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion
- Ultimate Operator Station®: ComfortZone™ seat eliminates jostles and jolts with coil-spring suspension and a fully padded, high-back seat, padded armrests and variable density foam cushion. Iso-mounting smooths the ride, erases fatigue and keeps the operator comfortably in control at faster mowing speeds Operational controls including throttle, choke and angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach One- or two-handed operation with ComfortReach™ adjustable Hydra-Smooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Type/Horsepower/Cylinders: Kohler Confidant, Delphi®-based, closed-loop, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), V-Twin
- Displacement: 45.6 cu. in. (747 cc)
- Lubrication System: Pressure Lube/Filter
- Crankshaft: Vertical
- Cooling System: Air
- Fuel: Gasoline - unleaded
- Fuel Capacity: 12 U.S. Gal. (45.4 l)
- Optional Fuel Capacity: NA
- Air Cleaner: Heavy-duty cyclonic air filter with QUAD-CLEAN™ multi-stage air filtration
- Muffler: Ultra quiet, single, industrial type.
- Cutting Height Range: 1.0 to 5.0 in. (2.5 to 12.7 cm)
- Construction (Robotic-Welded Steel): Double-layered 10-gauge plus 7-gauge formed-steel laminate spindle plane 0.313 in (7.95 mm) thick - more than 25% thicker than 0.25 in. (6.35 mm) with 7-gauge skirts for geometric strength. Spindle plane is 0.9 in.(22.86 mm) thick in stress zones. Anvil-edge design with 0.5 in. (12.7 mm) reinforcement on front edge of deck.
- Blades (Tempered, Alloy Steel): (3) 21 in. (53.3 cm)
- Spindle Assemblies: Sentry™ Spindle System, 2.5 cm (approx. 1 in.) O.D. shaft. Spindle head designed to eliminate fiber wrap. Double bearings, non-greasable. Spindle cones shield housing and lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion.
- Spindle Housings: 8 in. (20.3 cm)-diameter machined aluminum housing with 6-bolt pattern.
- Blade Drive: Belt drive with single Kevlar V-belt and idler arm tensioning.
- Battery (maintenance-free): 12 Volt
- Starter: Solenoid shift
- Ignition: Breakerless
- Interlock System: Prevents engine start when PTO clutch is engaged or steering levers are in drive position. Allows operator dismount without engine shutdown only when PTO is disengaged and steering levers are locked in neutral.
- Seat: Ultimate Suspension Ride (USR) deep-cushioned, high-back, foam-padded, scuff-resistant CoolTemp Cordura®-covered with padded lumbar support and armrests.
- Suspension: Roomy, iso-mounted footrest with Shock Impact Reduction System™ (SIRS™).
- Console-mounted Instruments: Low engine oil pressure, combination electronic fuel gauge/hour meter, engine code light and parking brake warning lights, ignition and push/pull PTO switches
- Work Lights: Optional - LED
- Hour Meter: Combination electronic fuel gauge/hour meter
- Type: Design-matched hydrostatic system with in-line cooling fans, hydro fluid reservoir, HydroGear 12cc variable displacement piston-style pumps and Parker high-torque wheel motors for each drive wheel
- Filtration/Hydro Fluid: 7 micron absolute, spin-on / Grasshopper CoolTemp Hydro-Max™ fluid withstands high and low temperature extremes for extended service intervals. No break-in oil change requested; CoolTemp Hydro-Max? fluid
- Speed: 0 - 9.0 mph (0 - 14.5 kph) forward 0 - 6.0 mph (0 - 9.7 kph) reverse
- Turning Radius: True zero degree, turns within own length with counter-rotating, independently powered drive wheels.
- Steering: One- or two-hand operation with adjustable HydraSmooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Brakes: Dynamic braking through hydrostatic transmission.
- Parking Brake: Compression
- Attachment Drive: NA
- Drive Wheels - Standard (4-ply rated): 23x12.00x12 turf, 4-ply rated
- Front Wheels – All Models:13x6.50x6; pneumatic with greasable, double-sealed bearings to protect from grass wrap.
- Height (Seat Back): 51.0 in. (129.5 cm), 54.0 in. (137.2 cm)
- Height (Seat Cushion): 33.0 in. (83.8 cm)
- Height (ROPS): 69.0 in. (175.3 cm)
- Length (MidMount w/ DuraMax Deck®): 80.0 in. (203.2 cm)
- Deck Width (Side Discharge): 74.5 in. (189.2 cm)
- Deck Width (Mulch): 62.5 in. (158.8 cm)
- (Uncrated): 1095 lbs. (496.7 kg)
- Mulching Package: 36 lbs. (16.3 kg)
- Engine Manufacturer
- Kohler Confidant
- 45.6 cu. in. (747cc)
- Hydrostatic System
- Wheel Size
- 23x12.00x12 turf, 4-ply rated
- Fuel Capacity
- 12 U.S. Gal. (45.4 L)
- Deck Size
- 61 in.